We have lawn service, plumbers, painters, roofers, and chimney sweeps make routine or one time visits over the life of our home ownership. One profession overlooked is garage door repair. If a garage door suddenly stops raising, lowering, or is not performing like it has in the past, it may be time to call a garage door repairman.
When Not to Call a Garage Door Repairman
Before seeking the help of a garage door repairman, make sure the fix to your problem is not a simple one you can easily solve. Save time, money, and effort by checking to see if these overlooked issues are causing your garage door grief.
- An item is blocking your garage door. Check around the track and sensors of your garage door for any obstructions to your garage door function. Items that could be interfering with your garage door track include yard tools, toy balls, or rocks, even the tail end of your car bumper could be the culprit.
- Your garage door opener needs a battery change. Don’t let the frustration of a failed garage door distract you from this quick and simple fix. Before calling a garage door repair man, try replacing your garage door opener’s batteries.
- The garage door is not receiving electricity from the home. Ensure your opener is getting power from the home. One simple way to test if the cause of your malfunctioned door is a lack of home electricity is to pull the release string that disconnects the door from the automatic system. If the door works manually, then the problem is not a lack of electricity coming from the home.
- Tighten door fasteners and lubricate the rollers, hinges, tracks, and springs. Like changing your motor oil every 3,000 miles, it’s best to perform these tasks routinely to prevent garage door breakdown. If you can’t remember the last time you did either of these, then you may have found the cause of your problem.
When You Should Call a Garage Door Repairman
If you checked these commonly overlooked issues and your garage door function is still compromised, contact a garage door repair service expert. Someone with experience in garage door repair should be able to diagnose your issue.
If you suspect the garage door problem is related to a high tension spring or cable, make sure to wait for help. Leave spring and cable repair to a professional because mishandling their razor sharp blades can result in serious injury or even death.
There are many benefits of having a Nashville garage door repairman assess your problem. A few reasons you should call in a professional:
- Garage door repairman are experts in their field.
- Garage doors have tons of moving parts, so you may be overlooking a problem that is noticeable to them.
- Modern garage doors are equipped with advanced technology that repairmen understand.
Contacting Tri-County Garage Inc. is a click away. Serving the families of Nashville, Brentwood and all of Middle Tennessee for almost two decades, Tri-County Garage Inc. is family owned, possesses an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, and won’t cost you an arm and a leg.